Waldorf Salad Recipe
Classic salad dish, first made at the Waldorf hotel.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons good mayonnaise
- 2 green eating apples
- 4-5 sticks of tender celery (not the outside stalks)
- 8-10 walnuts
- handful seedless green grapes
- 3 tablespoons crumbled stilton cheese
- 5 tablespoons 8% fat fromage-frais
- parsley to decorate
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Put them in the lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
- Wash and chop the celery (make sure there are no stringy bits).
- Halve the grapes if they are large enough.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Mix the fromage-frais with the mayonnaise and add all the salad ingredients turning well to make sure they are all coated in dressing.
- Crumble the cheese.
- Put salad into serving bowl and sprinkle cheese over the top and fold in very lightly.
- Sprinkle salad with a little chopped parsley.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script