Vegetable and Fruit Sweet and Sour Kebabs Recipe
A fun, sociable and simple meal suitable for vegetarians on Valentine's Day.
- button mushrooms, baby onions, baby sweet corn, red pepper, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, cubes of fresh pineapple, courgettes (zucchinis), cubes of fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
For the sweet and sour sauce:
- Put all of the sweet and sour sauce ingredients, except the tomato sauce, into a saucepan and heat slowly, stirring all the time.
- The mixture will become thick and treacle like.
- Allow to cool a little and add the tomato sauce.
- Deseed the peppers and cut the flesh into heart shaped pieces.
- Thread these and the other vegetables and fruit onto kebab skewers (you can buy long flexible wooden ones).
- Make two kebabs each.
- Put them to marinate in the sweet and sour sauce for several hours.
- Grill the kebabs, turning several times until very lightly browned.
- Meanwhile reheat the sweet and sour sauce and serve in a small jug.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of brown rice.
Prep Time: 200 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script