Valentine Pavlova Recipe
Three popular dessert ingredients in one dish: meringue, cream and ice cream. Indulge yourself and your partner with your favourite fruit, fresh if possible.
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons icing/confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons caster/superfine sugar
- ice cream of choice
- whipped double cream
- Put the egg whites into a clean, grease-free bowl.
- Whip the whites until they stand in stiff peaks.
- Mix the two sugars together and carefully fold them into the egg whites.
- Put about one third of the mixture onto a well-greased tin and shape into a rough heart shape.
- Put the remainder of the meringue into an icing bag and using a fancy nozzle build up the sides of the heart-shaped base to form a heart-shaped meringue basket.
- Put into a very low oven for at least 3 hours until firm.
- Allow to cool.
- Put onto a serving plate and just before serving fill with slightly softened ice cream, pile fresh or tinned fruit on top and decorate with whipped cream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 180 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script