Tuna Fish Starter Recipe
A retro-recipe to try for fun that makes a simple and tasty starter for a Valentine's menu.
- 1 large well shaped lemon
- 1 smaller lemon
- 1 medium tin of dolphin-friendly tuna, in oil or brine as preferred
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons plain fromage-frais, low or higher fat as preferred
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- Cut the large lemon in exact halves and carefully scoop out all the flesh.
- Cut the very end off each half so that they will stand on a plate.
- Squeeze juice from the flesh and retain.
- Scoop out the other lemon and retain the juice and peel.
- Strain the tuna and then blend it with the wine and lemon juice to taste.
- Fold the fromage-frais into this mixture and season to taste.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the two large lemon skins.
- Cut two "handles" from the peel of the smaller lemon and place them over the top of the two lemon "baskets".
- Decorate with fresh parsley and halves of stuffed olives.
- Serve with very thin brown bread and butter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script