Trout with Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
Also known as Truite de Vénus. Trout is a delicate tasting fish which always makes a meal special.
- 2 fresh or frozen trouts, gutted and cleaned
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 heaped tablespoons mushrooms, finely chopped
- juice half lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh white breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemons wedges
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the onion and fry gently for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion with the lemon juice and cook gently for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to cool.
- Fill each trout with mushroom stuffing.
- Put each trout in a piece of baking foil and dot with the remaining butter.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil to form two parcels.
- Cook at 190oC/375oF/gas mark 5 for about 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, open both parcels carefully and check that the fish is properly cooked. If not allow to cook for a few minutes with the foil open.
- When ready, remove fish from foil and serve with lemon wedges and saute potatoes and petits pois.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script