This Italian dessert has become a real favourite in Britain and makes a great dessert for Valentine's Day. N.B. Be careful serving raw egg to vulnerable (i.e. the young and old).
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar (you may need more or less according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 eggs separated
- 12 sponge finger biscuits
- 1/2 pint strong black coffee
- some good cocoa powder
- Put the sponge fingers into the dish which the Tiramisu will be served in.
- Dissolve half of the sugar in the coffee and add the brandy.
- Pour this over the sponge fingers.
- Allow the liquid to be soaked up by the sponges.
- Take a large bowl and put the mascarpone into it.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the cheese and add the other half of the sugar, mixing in well.
- Take another basin and whisk the egg whites in it until they are stiff.
- Carefully fold this into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon this over the sponge fingers.
- Decorate with some cocoa powder and chill in the fridge for at least three hours.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script