Strawberry Liqueur Ice Cream Recipe
A special strawberry ice cream recipe for Valentine's Day. Be aware that too much alcohol can sometimes distrupt the freezing process of the ice cream.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 miniature bottle Cointreau (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons caster/superfine sugar
- 1/2 pint double cream
- Remove the hulls from the strawberries.
- Wash the strawberries and drain off any water.
- Put them into a bowl.
- Pour the Cointreau onto the strawberries and leave to soak in for 2 hours.
- Blend the strawberries very briefly in an electric blender and then freeze them in a suitable container until just frozen.
- Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks and fold in the sugar.
- Stir in the semi-frozen fruit.
- Return to freezer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from freezer, turn into a bowl and whip to break up any large ice crystals.
- Return to freezer and freeze until firm.
Prep Time: 240 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script