Spinach Salad with Bacon Recipe
Also known as Cupid's Spinach Tantaliser, this recipe will wake up the taste buds and get the romantic meal off to a flying start.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- streaky bacon, rinded and cut into strips
- baby spinach leaves
- mixed salad leaves
- salt and black pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk together 6 tablespoons of the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard and seasoning.
- Heat gently in a suacepan until thickened slightly, and then keep warm.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon until golden and crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, arrange the spinach and lettuce leaves on 2 individual serving plates.
- Spoon the bacon on to the leaves, then pour over the hot dressing.
- Serve at once.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script