Seafood Salad Recipe
A more sophisitcated and expensive prawn cocktail recipe.
- small packet of frozen prawns, mixed squid, octopus, mussels etc. in oil OR a frozen pack of mixed seafood
- medium jar of good mayonnaise
- tomato puree
- small packet of smoked salmon
- caviar or small jar of black lumpfish roe
- small jar of red lumpfish roe
- shredded lettuce heart
- Defrost and drain any frozen seafood.
- Drain oil from seafood if used.
- Blend mayonnaise with enough tomato puree to make an attractive pink dressing.
- Season with black pepper and a very little salt.
- Fold seafood into the dressing and put mixture into fridge.
- Take the smoked salmon, a sharp knife and a chopping board.
- Cut the salmon into rough squares that can be folded into cone shapes.
- Take two attractive serving dishes and put a bed of shredded lettuce in the base of each.
- Pile seafood and mayonnaise mixture on top.
- Make about four cones with the smoked salmon and fill some with red and some with black lumpfish roe or caviar.
- Arrange these on top of the seafood and decorate with a little fresh dill and lemon twists.
- Serve with thin brown bread and butter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script