Raspberry and Mascarpone Cheese Recipe
A rich, chilled dessert which is really a very up-market cheese cake.
- 2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons icing/confectioner's sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 cup raspberries
- brandy to taste
- mint leaves
- a little egg white
- Whip the double cream until it just holds its shape.
- Fold the cream into the Mascarpone cheese and mix in the icing sugar.
- Stir in a little brandy (about 1 tablespoon) and check the taste.
- Add a little more brandy if desired!
- Put into two pretty serving dishes and chill for a couple of hours.
- Defrost raspberries if frozen and sweeten to taste.
- If raspberries are fresh, check for sweetness and sprinkle with a little icing sugar if desired.
- Just before serving, divide raspberries between the two dishes and pile them on top of the Mascarpone mixture.
- Decorate with mint leaves dipped in a little egg white and then icing sugar.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script