Prawn Pâté Recipe
A richer version of potted shrimps (an old fashioned English tea-time snack). Use this prawn pâté as a starter with rounds of buttered bread/toast.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup peeled prawns
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon very finely chopped parsley
- a few whole prawns to garnish
- parsley to garnish
- lemon wedges to garnish
- Gently fry the coriander seeds and the garlic in the butter.
- Add the prawns and stir well until cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool a little and then blend to a smooth pâté in an electric blender.
- Add the cream and parsley and blend again for a few seconds.
- Season and taste.
- Transfer to individual dishes and chill well before serving.
- Garnish with whole prawns, parsley and lemon wedges.
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script