Pineapple Fruit Salad Recipe
A fruit salad made with exotic fruits and rum. Serving it in the pineapple shell makes this an unusual and interesting dessert for two people to share.
- 1 large well shaped, nicely coloured pineapple
- tin of stoned lychees
- 1 melon of choice
- 2 kiwi fruits
- small punnet of physalis
- tin of stoned red cherries
- a few grapes
- a few raspberries
- 2-3 tablespoons white rum
- icing/confectioner's sugar
- clotted cream to serve
- Cut a lid-sized piece from the top of the pineapple.
- Scoop out pineapple flesh from main body of the pineapple.
- Reserve all of pineapple shell.
- Make a fruit salad by chopping the pineapple, slicing skinned kiwi fruit and making melon balls with a special scoop (available in kitchenware departments).
- Wash grapes and halve and deseed if necessary, drain any tinned fruit.
- Combine all fruit and sweeten to taste with icing sugar.
- Stir in white rum.
- Taste for sweetness and strength of rum!
- Pile back into pineapple shell and chill thoroughly.
- Serve with pineapple lid replaced and with stiffly whipped double cream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script