Passionfruit Syllabub Recipe
Passionfruit Syllabub for Valentine's Day. A delicious creamy dessert, sharpened with lemon juice and laced through with the exotic fruit.
- 10 passionfruits, flesh scooped out
- 2 tablespoonfuls lemon juice
- a little grated lemon rind
- 3oz icing sugar
- half a pint double cream, whipped
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- Warm the passionfruit pulp in a saucepan.
- Push the pulp through a sieve into a bowl.
- Keep some of the seeds for decoration.
- Add the lemon juice to the fruit pulp.
- Stir in the icing sugar.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Spoon into serving dishes.
- Decorate with grated lemon rind and a few of the reserved passionfruit seeds.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script