Mushrooms in Brandy Recipe
Mushrooms cooked in a creamy brandy flavoured sauce. You can always subtly alter this dish by trying different varieties of mushroom.
- 3 cups mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 very small onion
- fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pint double cream
- chopped fresh chervil
- Peel and chop the onion and the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed frying pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, a little lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Cook gently until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the brandy and the cream and cook gently until the mixture has thickened.
- Check the seasoning and serve hot with heart-shaped pieces of toast.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with chervil.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script