Honeyed Lamb Noisette Recipe
A honey-lamb recipe for your Valentine! So easy all you need to remember is to marinate the noisettes the day before
- 2 large lemons
- 6 lean lamb noisettes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh root ginger, grated
- 8 tablespoons clear honey
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- bay leaves and thyme and rosemary sprigs to garnish
- Pare the rind off one lemon and cut it into fine strips.
- Place the lamb in a shallow china dish.
- Sprinkle the herbs and bay leaf over the lamb.
- Whisk together the grated rind of the remaining whole lemon with the the honey and the oil.
- Season, to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the lamb, cover and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the marinade from the lamb and strain into a small saucepan.
- Cook the noisettes under the grill until cooked to taste.
- Remove noisettes from the grill.
- Carefully pour all juices from the grill pan into the strained marinade.
- Stir in the strips of lemon rind and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 2 -3 mins or until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust the seasoning and spoon over the noisettes.
- Garnish with bay leaves and sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Serve with new potatoes and petit pois.
Prep Time: 480 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script