Duck Breast Recipe
Duck is always a good choice for a celebration meal, but as it is very rich choose your starter and dessert wisely. Serve with creamed potatoes and petits-pois
- 2 boned duck breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped apricots tinned in juice
- 2 tablespoons juice from apricots
- 1 tablespoon good brandy
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the duck breast skin side down.
- Turn over.
- Turn down the heat and cook gently until the breasts are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the breasts from the pan and keep warm.
- Remove as much fat as possible from the pan but leave the duck juices behind.
- Put the pan on a gentle heat and add about 1 cup of the stock.
- Stir to incorporate all the duck juices into the stock and then add the butter, apricots, juice and brandy.
- Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with a little cold water and add to the pan, stirring all the time.
- Serve this sauce with the duck.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script