Cucumber Hors d'Oeuvres Recipe
A recipe for a simple and refreshing starter that uses cucumber to get the romantic meal off to a great start. Beware - this recipe does contain garlic, so bear this in mind if you are expecting things to get particularly amorous!
- a large thick cucumber
- 1 cup full fat fromage-frais
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- Crush garlic clove but keep whole.
- Combine yogurt and fromage-frais.
- Season and put garlic clove into mixture.
- Cut cucumber in half.
- Cut one half into four equal pieces and scoop the flesh out of these, making four containers.
- Peel the other half and chop up the flesh.
- Allow the flesh to drain onto a clean tea towel and squeeze a little to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Remove the garlic clove from the yogurt mixture and fold the cucumber flesh into this.
- Check seasoning.
- Pile mixture into the cucumber containers and put onto two attractive serving plates.
- Sprinkle with well-chopped parsley and serve with breadsticks.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions