Cucumber Salad Recipe
A simple salad that can be prepared in advance. Indeed, the flavour probably improves if left for a few hours.
- half a medium cucumber
- salt for sprinkling
- fresh parsley chopped very finely (stalks removed)
- vinaigrette dressing: pinch of salt, black pepper, 1 tablespoon wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil (as preferred)
- Slice the cucumber very finely.
- Spread the cucumber out on a large plate and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Leave this for about one hour.
- Drain and rinse under the tap.
- Pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Make the vinaigrette by dissolving the salt in the vinegar adding the pepper and then adding the oil very slowly, beating with a wooden spoon all the time.
- Put the cucumber into serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley and pour vinaigrette dressing over it.
- Keep in fridge until needed.
Prep Time: 85 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script