Coeur a la Crème Recipe
To finish off the meal, Coeur a la Crème with passion fruit sauce makes an excellent dessert. This is an easy recipe and rounds the meal off nicely. The joy of this recipe is that it can be made quite a while in advance.
You may be interested to try this suggested menu:
Starter - Avocado Halves with Prawn Filling and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Main Course - Barbary Duck with Honey
Dessert - Coeur a la Crème
- 1 carton full fat fromage frais
- 1 tablespoon caster/superfine sugar
- 3 stiffly beaten egg whites
- white china heart shaped moulds
- 4 passion fruits
- 1 tablespoon icing/confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine or 1 tablespoon Cointreau
For the passion fruit sauce:
- Line the moulds with some muslin or an old linen napkin.
- Drain the fromage frais very well then add the sugar and the egg white.
- Fold together, and then fill the moulds.
- Place in the fridge and leave for as long as possible, at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Put this in a nylon sieve set over a bowl and drain to remove the seeds.
- Add the sugar and the wine or Cointreau.
- Pour the sauce on to 2 plates.
- Turn out the Coeur a la Crème, and if feeling particularly wicked, cover each with delicious clotted cream.
- Decorate the plate with some sliced strawberries and sieved icing sugar.
To make the passion fruit sauce:
Prep Time: 220 minutes
Yield: 2 portions