Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake is an old favourite for dessert that is always welcome and easily prepared in advance.
for the base:
- 4 tablespoons organic butter
- 4 tablespoons crushed digestive biscuits
- 3 cups curd cheese
- 1/2 pint organic double cream
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 sachet gelatin or equivalent agar agar
- frozen or fresh stoned black cherries, about 3/4 lb
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon icing/confectioner's sugar
for the cheesecake:
- Melt the butter and work the biscuit crumbs into it.
- Press mixture into the base of a loose bottomed 8-inch cake tin.
- Put the cherries in the brandy and stir in the icing sugar.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Sieve the curd cheese onto the cream and mix together.
- Grate a little of the lemon rind and squeeze out about 1 tablespoon of juice from the lemon.
- Add this to the cheese mixture.
- Melt the gelatin in about 2 tablespoons of hot water and when quite dissolved stir carefully into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pile this onto the biscuit base and chill for as long as possible, preferably over night.
- Before serving drain the cherries and spoon onto the cheesecake.
- Push cheesecake out of tin and serve.
Prep Time: 640 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script