Cherry Charlotte Recipe
An extremely elaborate dessert with the addition of a little alcohol to liven up the proceedings!
- 3 cups black, stoned, tinned cherries
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/4 pint cherry liqueur or Kirsch
- 36 Boudoir biscuits
- 1 pint double cream whipped (reserve a little for decoration)
- Drain the cherries in a sieve saving the juice.
- Place the cherries into a bowl and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Kirsch over them.
- Line the base of a suitable loose-bottomed tin with Boudoir biscuits.
- Moisten them with a little of the cherry juice and 3 tablespoons of the Kirsch.
- Follow with a layer of cherries and then a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat these layers until all the ingredients are used up.
- Chill overnight and then turn on to a serving plate.
- Serve with more whipped cream.
Prep Time: 640 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script