Cheese and Mushroom Fondue Recipe
Fondues are ideal for Valentine's day because they introduce a more intimate element to the meal.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 pint of dry cider
- juice 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 cups Gouda cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gin
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup brown mushrooms
- Use a flameproof fondue bowl or a saucepan.
- Crush the garlic and add the cider and lemon juice.
- Bring almost to the boil.
- Add the grated cheese and stir carefully until the cheese has melted.
- Mix the gin and the cornflour to a smooth paste and add to the bubbling cheese mixture.
- Chop the mushrooms finely and add to the fondue.
- Cook gently for 3 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and add more lemon juice if required and some black pepper.
- Take to the table in an attractive heatproof bowl.
- Place on a candle heated plate warmer.
- Each person should have a fondue fork.
- Serve an assortment of crudites including tiny button mushrooms.
- Spear the raw vegetables with the forks, dip into the communal pot and eat.
- Breadsticks are good with this dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script