Celeriac Salad Recipe
For this recipe the celeriac is blanched briefly. Its intense celery flavour makes a refreshing and unusual salad. The Rémoulade sauce may not be to everyone's taste, so try a few days before Valentine's day.
- 1 medium sized celeriac
- salt and black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled medium organic egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon French Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1/4 pint oil
For the Rémoulade sauce:
- To make the sauce, mash up the yolk of the egg in a basin.
- Mix in the capers, mustard and seasoning.
- Add the oil a little at a time, beating well all the time.
- Peel the celeriac.
- Cut into slices and then into thin strips.
- Boil for one minute in water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Allow to cool and then mix with the Rémoulade sauce.
- Test the seasoning and add some more salt or pepper if necessary.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 portions