Brandied Peaches Recipe
A luxurious dessert in keeping with a special Valentine's Day menu. To add to the sensory delight, serve with a really good vanilla ice cream and fresh whipped cream.
- 2 large, good quality peaches
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cloves
- small piece of cinnamon stick
- 8 fluid oz water
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- Remove the skins from the peaches by putting them in a basin and pouring boiling water over them.
- Leave for a couple of minutes than pour off the water.
- Allow to cool a little.
- The skin will probably have split in a few places and can be easily pulled away.
- Coat the skinned peaches in lemon juice.
- Put the sugar, cloves, cinnamon and water into a saucepan and boil for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy.
- Put the peaches into a casserole and pour the syrup over them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 170 degrees Centigrade (see temperature conversions) until the peaches are tender.
- Remove from the oven.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Cool the peaches and then chill for at least 4 hours in fridge.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script