Avocado Mousse Recipe
A smooth, sensuous mousse that makes a great way to get you romantic meal off to the perfect start.
- 2 avocados
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gelatin or vegetarian alternative
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped or minced spring onion
- 1/2 pint hot vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocados and either mash and sieve it or blend in a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Season and add the onion.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the water over a very gentle heat and when dissolved add the hot stock to it.
- Allow to cool.
- Add this mixture to the avocado and blend until smooth.
- Leave in fridge until completely cold and then fold in the mayonnaise and cream.
- Put into a buttered mould (a teacup will do) and leave to set for at least 3 hours.
- When required dip mould into hot water and turn out onto serving plate.
- Decorate with stoned black olives, fresh parsley, tomato wedges and lemon twists.
Prep Time: 225 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script