Avocado Halves with Prawns Recipe
Here is an opportunity to create something different and a little romantic with avocados and prawns. The prawns, coupled with the tartness of the raspberry, really ignite the palate.
- 1 ripe avocado pear
- 4oz shelled prawns
- 1 small carton cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons raspberry puree, made from fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 8 tablespoons grape seed oil
- seasoning to taste
for the vinaigrette:
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing together the puree and the vinegar.
- Season, then add the oil and whisk well.
- Chill until needed.
- Reserve some prawns for garnish.
- Place the rest in a food processor or blender with the cottage cheese, herbs and seasoning, blend but not to smooth.
- Peel the avocado pear, cut in half and remove the stone.
- Using a knife, cut the broad end of the avocado so that the halves look heart shaped.
- Fill the cavity with the prawn mixture and place them, filled side down, on two plates.
- Pour some vinaigrette around the avocado halves and garnish the plate with prawns arranged to form a heart.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 portions
Powered by Comment Script