Hereford Chicken Casserole Recipe
A regional chicken casserole from Hereford which is enriched with a splash of cider, a touch of curry powder and a few pineapple slices.
- 3/4 pint dry cider
- 3 1/2lb chicken, cut into joints
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- large tin pineapple slices, drained
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- Brown the chicken in the oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Put the chicken into an ovenproof, lidded casserole.
- Fry the onions gently in the oil and butter left in the frying pan.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder.
- Gradually pour in the cider, stirring all the time.
- Pour the onion and cider sauce over the chicken in the casserole.
- Put the lid onto the casserole and cook in the oven at 375 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the cream.
- Put the pineapple rings on top of the chicken.
- Return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script