Gloucestershire Cheese and Ale Recipe
This was probably originally an evening supper dish but nowadays it could be used to make a delicious and filling pub-style lunch, maybe served with a glass of local Gloucestershire ale!
- 2 cups Gloucestershire cheese
- 1/2 pint ale
- a little mustard
- brown bread
- Grate the cheese into a heatproof dish and spread some mustard over it and pour the ale over the cheese.
- Put into a moderate oven until the cheese is melted.
- Make the bread into thick toast and moisten with some ale.
- Pour the melted cheese over the toast and serve hot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 - 2 portions