Durham Pikelets Recipe
These traditional pikelets, which are rather like pancakes, are extremely easy to make and far more reliable than normal pancakes.
- 2 cups flour
- buttermilk to mix (about 2 large cartons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- a pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- a little salt
- Mix the flour and the salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and pour in enough buttermilk to form a batter.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda dissolved in a little water.
- Beat the batter well.
- Fry gently on both sides and serve hot with butter and jam/jelly.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 portions
Been making Durham pikelets with organic Durham milk and butter at our B&B for 15 years. Use maple syrup instead of sugar, its from a recipe in my Durham WI cookbook
#0 - Dianne Nichol-Brown - 10/01/2017 - 01:38
Powered by Comment Script