Durham Buckwheat Cakes Recipe
A traditional type of pancake from Durham which uses flour made from buckwheat.
- 1 teaspoon brewer's yeast
- buckwheat meal
- 3 pints warm water
- a little butter
- Mix the yeast with water in a basin and stir in buckwheat meal to make a good batter.
- Cover the basin and let it stand in a warm place to rise.
- When full of bubbles, pour a spoonful of the batter into a buttered frying pan and cook as for pancakes.
- Butter the cakes while hot and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 - 8 cakes
Powered by Comment Script