Doncaster Butterscotch Recipe
A type of traditional, hard toffee. Butterscoth needs some practice to make it well but it is worth the effort. See Cooking with Sugar.
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1/2 pint milk
- a pinch of cream of tartar
- Melt the sugar in the milk over a low heat.
- Stir in the butter and the cream of tartar.
- Boil until a little of the mixture hardens when dropped into a saucer of cold water.
- Pour into a well-greased shallow tin and leave to harden.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4- 6 portions
Powered by Comment Script