Devonshire Pudding Recipe
A traditional Devonshire pudding for you to try which makes use of an abundance of cooking apples.
- 4 large cooking apples, stewed
- 2 level tablespoons sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoons crumbled macaroons
- 2 level tablespoons apricot jam
- 4 level tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (for meringue)
- 2 tablespoons caster/superfine sugar (for meringue)
- Beat the butter, sugar and egg together.
- Add the macaroons and apples.
- Spread the jam on the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Pile the apple mixture on top.
- Bake until firm.
- Whisk egg whites stiffly and fold in superfine sugar to make a meringue mixture.
- Spread meringue mixture on top of the pudding and bake until the meringue is crisp and lightly browned.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script