Devon Flats Recipe
A delicious Devonshire recipe which uses clotted cream instead of butter, lard or dripping.
- 2 cups clotted cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- a little milk
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- Rub the cream into the flour.
- Add the beaten egg and add the sugar to it.
- Mix this into the flour and clotted cream to form a smooth dough, adding a little milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Turn onto a floured board and roll out very thinly and cut into rounds.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar and cook in a hot oven for about 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 - 12 portions
Powered by Comment Script