Derby Savoury Pudding Recipe
A savoury pudding which was used to bulk out the meat in a meal or eaten on its own with vegetables.
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of very finely chopped sage
- 2 cups of organic plain flour
- 1 cup shredded vegetarian suet
- 4 organic onions
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- pepper and salt
- Put the oatmeal and flour together in a basin.
- Pour the milk over this and leave it to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture and add the flour, sage and pepper and salt.
- Lastly add the onions and beat well.
- Turn into a greased tin and bake at about 200 degrees centigrade (see temperature conversions).
- Serve as a main course or as an accompaniment to roast meat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script