Cumberland Sand Recipe
A rich, moist cake with a hint of lemon flavour from Cumberland, an historuc county in North West England.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons corn flour/starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder/soda
- a little lemon essence
- 4 tablespoons caster/superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add lemon essence, eggs, corn flour/starch, plain flour and baking powder/soda.
- Mix well and bake in a moderate oven 160oc/325of/gas mark 3 in a well greased, lined tin for about 20-25 minutes until raised.
- Allow to cool.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
Powered by Comment Script