Cumberland Clipping Time Pudding Recipe
This pudding illustrates the ancient custom of mixing sweet with savoury foods. As time went, gradually they were eaten in separate courses within the same meal sitting.
- 1 cup rice (probably pudding rice was used)
- 5 beef marrow bones
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 1 pint milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons currants
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 egg
- Cook the rice gently in a saucepan in the milk.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon and cook further until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg and mix it with the currants and raisins.
- Add this to the rice.
- Scrape marrow from the bones and cut into small pieces.
- Add the marrow to the rice and bake for 20 minutes in a moderate oven.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script