Cotswold Dumpling Recipe
Dumplings with a cheese flavour and an unusual toasted crumb coating. Even more unusually these dumplings are cooked by frying.
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons suet
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- water to mix
- breadcrumbs from 3 slices of bread, toasted
- fat for frying
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the breadcrumbs and fat.
- Add enough cold water to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Form into rounds and roll in the lightly toasted breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot fat until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 - 12 dumplings
Powered by Comment Script