Chester Pudding Recipe
- shortcrust pastry made from 1 1/2 cups flour and 3 tablespoons fat/shortening
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons caster/superfine sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- organic milk for glazing
- 1 additional tablespoon caster/superfine sugar
- Roll the pastry out very thinly and line a pie dish with it.
- Decorate the edges of the pastry (maybe with fork marks) and brush with a little milk.
- Melt the sugar and the butter together in a saucepan and add the almonds.
- Stir into this the yolks of the 3 eggs and one white.
- Heat carefully over a low heat stirring until the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour into the prepared pastry-lined pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 190 degrees centigrade (see temperature conversions).
- Whip the remaining two egg whites until they are stiff and then fold in 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and cover the top with the whipped egg whites.
- Replace the pudding in the oven on the bottom shelf until the meringue top has set and browned lightly.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script