Chester Pudding Recipe 2
An alternative recipe for Chester Pudding which is similar to Bakewell Pudding. Here's the other Chester Pudding Recipe.
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons shredded suet
- 4 tablespoons blackcurrant jam/jelly
- 2 tablespoons caster/superfine sugar
- a pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- a little milk
- a little salt
- Mix together the flour, breadcrumbs, suet, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and put the jam into it.
- Warm the milk slightly and stir the bicarbonate of soda into it.
- Pour this over the mixture with the jam in and mix all together.
- Turn into a well greased pudding basin and steam for 3 hours.
- Serve with heated blackcurrant jam as a sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 180 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script