Brighton Buttons Recipe
Unusual orange-flavoured small cakes served in pairs sandwiched together with apricot jam. Anyone heard of these or got any idea how they got their name? We'd love to hear from you if you know - please leave a comment below!
- 4oz butter
- 1oz sieved icing/confectioner's sugar
- 4oz plain/all purpose flour
- finely grated rinds of 2 oranges
- apricot jam (see measure conversions for more information on quantites)
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and beat in the grated rinds.
- Put the mixture into a forcing bag fitted with a large plain tube.
- Pipe small rounds of the mixture on to a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 180oC for 10 � 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute.
- Remove the cakes from the baking sheet with a palette knife.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- When cold sandwich the buttons together with a little apricot jam.
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 - 12 portions