Brentford Rolls Recipe
An enriched bread roll from an area in south-west London called Brentford.
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint warm milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 cups strong plain flour
- pinch of salt
- Mix the yeast, eggs, milk and sugar and leave in a warm place until frothy.
- Rub the butter into the flour and salt, then mix in the yeast mixture.
- Knead until the dough is pliable and no longer sticky.
- Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size and springy to the touch.
- Knead the dough again, shape into rolls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and leave to prove for about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230oC/450oF/gas mark 8 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 rolls
Powered by Comment Script