Brancaster Salad Recipe
Brancaster is in Norfolk and this recipe makes use of samphire which grows locally along the coast.
- 8oz samphire
- 1 medium crisp lettuce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 oz blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnut or hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of mustard powder
- Use only the tender young shoots of the samphire.
- Wash the samphire well in cold water and dry it thoroughly.
- Mix the lettuce and samphire together in a large salad bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan and quickly fry the almonds until lightly browned.
- Whisk together the remaining olive oil and the walnut, vinegar, pepper and mustard to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and scatter the browned almonds on top.
- Toss the salad immediately before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script