Bakewell Pudding Recipe 2
This Bakewell pudding recipe is made with puff pastry rather than shortcrust. See History of Bakewell Pudding.
- puff pastry
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg whites
- apricot or greengage jam
- 3/4 cup caster/superfine sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- a few drops of almond essence
- Line an oven proof dish with the puff pastry.
- Spread a layer of jam onto the base of the pastry.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Put the sugar, almond essence and the well beaten whites and yolks into a basin and pour the melted butter over them.
- Mix well and pour over the jam.
- Bake at about 220 degrees C. (see temperature conversions) for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and bake until the pastry is cooked and the filling is firm to the touch.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script