Bakewell Pudding Recipe
Probably one of the most famous regional puddings in England. See History of Bakewell Pudding.
- shortcrust pastry made from 1 1/2 cups flour and 3 tablespoons fat/shortening
- raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 organic, free range egg yolks
- 1 organic, free range egg white
- almond essence
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- Roll out pastry.
- Grease an 8 1/2 inch sandwich tin and line it with pastry.
- Spread a thin layer of jam over base of pastry.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the almond essence and the egg yolks and white one at a time, beating in well.
- Add ground almonds and spread this mixture over the jam.
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade (see temperature conversions).
- Serve hot with custard or cream or cold.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 portions
Powered by Comment Script