Zuppa di Verdura Recipe
An Italian soup recipe that is packed with a delicious selection of tasty spring vegetables.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled an diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- half a cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium sized leek, sliced
- 2 small celery stalks, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups green beans cut into small lengths
- 10 tender asparagus spears, tips and 1in length
- 1 cup shelled green peas
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 4 dark lettuce leaves, shredded
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Sauté the vegetables, except the lettuce, gently for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, bring slowly to the boil and simmer very gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the shredded lettuce and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script