Winter Vegetable Soup Recipe
A winter soup reminiscent of the summer combination of peas and mint.
- 1 cup dried peas, soaked overnight in cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 level tablespoon flour
- pinch of dried mint
- 2 leeks, cut into small pieces
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and sliced
- rib of celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 quart bouillon
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- Put the soaked peas in a saucepan of boiling water.
- Add a good pinch of bicarbonate of soda.
- Boil until quite tender.
- Strain off the water and place peas in blender then liquidize.
- Put the puree peas in a saucepan with the bouillon, mint, onion, leeks and celery.
- Season if necessary.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Rub the butter and flour to a paste and stir it in to the soup.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script