Widecombe Fair Spiced Ale Recipe
Widecombe Fair spiced ale is an old English spiced ale drink. This or something similar was almost certainly sold at Widecombe Fair in Devon.
- 2 pints of ale
- 5 cloves
- 1 large red eating apple
- large pinch of ground mixed spice
- large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 level teaspoon caster/superfine sugar
- Heat the ale gently.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Stir in the spices and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Core but do not peel the apple.
- Slice the apple and float in the drink just before serving hot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Powered by Comment Script