White Onion Soup Recipe
A classic onion soup recipe that offers a different option to the more famous brown onion soup.
- 3 large onions, prepared and sliced finely
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 pints milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onions.
- Simmer slowly for 1/2 an hour.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add 1 1/2 pints milk bit by bit, stirring all the time.
- Season to taste and cook slowly to make sure that the onion is quite soft.
- Blend in a blender and return the puree to the saucepan.
- Take the soup from the heat, add the milk, and reheat, but do not allow the soup to boil again.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script