Watercress Soup Recipe
This recipe for watercress soup makes a deliciously smooth soup with a beautiful green colour enhanced by the clean, peppery taste of watercress.
- 2 bunches of watercress, washed and tough stalks cut off
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onion in the olive oil until it becomes transparent.
- Add the chopped watercress and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Liquidise, preferably with a hand-held blender.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script