Vegetable Soup Recipe
A recipe for classic vegetable soup which in this case is thickened by the addition of sago.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- rib of celery, cut into cubes
- 1 turnip, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sago
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- seasoning to taste
- Put potatoes, onion and turnip into a saucepan with the butter.
- Cook very gently for 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning and the stock.
- Add the celery.
- Cover and simmer very gently for 3/4 hour.
- Blend in a blender.
- Return the puree to the saucepan.
- Crush the sago, if necessary, and sprinkle it in.
- Add the milk.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script